TechVets’ mission is to build a bridge for veterans and service leavers into cyber security and the technology sector.
Ex-Forces personnel have a number of skills and experiences that naturally lend themselves to employment within cyber security and the technology sector. TechVets ensures veterans can combine this military experience with new and leading digital skills acquired through the TechVets community and programme, ultimately leading to sustainable careers in technology.
The programme gives ex-Forces personnel the opportunity to develop their digital expertise through a number of tools and services, including:
- an online community where peers and other veterans can offer support and advice for transitioning into the technology sector.
- access to training and education including Tier 1 vocational cyber training.
- use of the Crest CV Service which gives veterans the opportunity to send their CV to the best Cyber employers across the UK.
- events and meet up opportunities across the UK.
TechVets provides a safe community environment with like-minded tech-curious veterans, creating a network of Ex-Forces personnel to support each other through any transition concerns. TechVets have created learning pathways for all members to use as guidance, starting at the very beginning of the journey assuming zero knowledge and experience. The pathways, developed by industry professionals from within the TechVets membership, use a blend of open-source resources, partner training and the TechVets community support to empower those new to the Cyber and Technology industry.
RFEA offers a number of other specialist programmes including:
- Families Programme, employment support to family members of serving and ex-service personnel
- Military Women Programme, funded by Call of Duty Endowment and available to any female who has served at any point
- Specialist Vocational Advice, tailored advice to those who may be experiencing a number of challenges including debt, housing related issues or physical or mental health requirements
- EM3 Veterans and Families Programme, support to veterans, their partners, spouses and children, as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region
- Forces for London, employment support specifically to Ex-Forces personnel living in London
RFEA has been a solid rock for me ever since I contacted them. They recommended me to TechVets which has helped me greatly as I get access to unlimited labs and resources.Daniel, now training for a career in cyber security
If these principles appeal to you and you are looking to become part of the cyber security and the technology sector, find out more here.