RFEA Ex-Forces Programme
RFEA understands the challenges faced when transitioning into civilian life and employment. We provide life-long support, irrespective of circumstances, rank, length of service, or reason for leaving the military.
Our Ex-Forces Employment Programme provides veterans with career advice and job opportunities. RFEA has been operating for over 130 years and we have access to thousands of job opportunities from employers who understand the true value of ex-military recruitment.
This programme was one of our first and to this day we are committed to providing life-long support. It doesn’t matter if you want advice each time you change job roles or if you need assistance when you are in the early stages of transitioning into civilian life. We stand by all veterans and will always be there to support you.
The support could include:
- Advice on career choices
- Researching the job market
- Job matching
- Sourcing potential external training opportunities
- Support for writing a CV
- Advice on interview techniques
- Expert industry knowledge and updates
- Mental health guidance
- Events and employment fairs
As well as reassurance and advice from our team of experts, many of whom also served and all of whom have mental health first aid training, we provide honest and considered guidance and recommendations to create a pathway to the specific objectives of each individual. Whether that be part-time employment, full-time employment, volunteering, apprenticeships, work placements, education, retirement or another bespoke ambition.
Our Ex-Forces Employment Programme is the only programme that provides regionally-based comprehensive employment support to all. This means we can offer a more personal service with face-to-face meetings, as well as a unique understanding of the local job market and area. Service leavers are paired with an advisor who has a unique network of contacts and organisations that recognise the value that Service leavers can offer and the unique skills and qualifications acquired during service.
In addition to the Ex-Forces Employment Programme, RFEA offers a number of other specialist programmes including:
- Project Nova, supporting veterans in the criminal justice system to live or maintain a law-abiding life
- Families Programme, employment support to family members of serving and ex-service personnel
- Military Women Programme, funded by Call of Duty Endowment and available to any female who has served at any point
- Specialist Vocational Advice, tailored advice to those who may be experiencing a number of challenges including debt, housing related issues or physical or mental health requirements
- EM3 Veterans and Families programme, support to veterans, their partners and spouses, and children, as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region
- Forces for London, employment support specifically to Ex-Forces personnel living in London
“I would advise any ex-military to get in touch with RFEA. It is a great platform to get help progressing into civvy street. The RFEA team really understands the needs of ex-Forces, so can relay information much more easily. There’s a lot of help available to veterans, but the signposting of it can be very bad, so having someone from RFEA to help guide you through, so you can get the help you need, makes a huge difference.”Ryan, ex-Army