Project Nova in partnership with APM
RFEA The Forces Employment Charity operates Project Nova to support ex-military who have served in HM Armed Forces, and have been arrested, with the aims of reducing re-offending. The project provides practical and emotional support to address challenges that veterans may experience in civilian life, and to assist the veteran to engage with coordinated specialist services.
Project Nova is delivering a specialist support service on the CFO3 programme on behalf of APM and HMPPS, part-funded by the European Social Fund. This support is delivered across the North East and Yorkshire Humber.
How to request our help
Project Nova may be contacted on:
Freephone 0800 917 7299
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Secure criminal justice email address: email@example.com
- Provide one-to-one support to empower the veterans to feel able to deal with emotional and practical challenges.
- Motivate the Veteran to engage with specialist services and support them to understand what is available for their needs.
- Support Veterans access to specialist services including Community & Relationships, Employment Education & Skills, Finance & Debt, Health & Wellbeing, Making a Home in Civilian Society, Living a Law-Abiding Life.
- Proactive to sustain engagement and identify problems as they arise.
- Paid Military service in HM Armed Forces, or Reservists, including those who served in HM Forces from a Commonwealth Country.
- Minimum service is one day for regular forces as many can join up and experience problems straight-away, or once trained, for reservists.
- No service in HM Armed Forces.
- Sessions delivered one to one with an initial face-to-face visit and continued engagement either face-to-face or by phone.
- Project Nova support is typically provided for up to nine months.