Where will you get the best reward for using your RFEA KeepCup?
It’s estimated that the average disposable coffee cup can take up to 50 years to fully break down when thrown into landfill, and studies suggest 2.5 billion of them are thrown away every year. So a reusable cup was the clear winner as a thank-you gift for our staff this year.
Now you’ve got your RFEA-branded cup, you need to know which coffee shops and cafes offer the best discounts, so here are our top tips for staying caffeinated on the cheap!
- Waitrose – FREE(ish)! Sign up for a myWaitrose loyalty card and get a ‘free’ regular-sized tea or coffee in-store every day from the self-serve machine, when you make a purchase and use a reusable cup.
- Caffè Nero – double stamps. If you bring your own cup, you’ll get twice the loyalty card stamps. Normally you’d have to buy nine drinks to get the 10th free, but with this offer you’ll only have to buy five.
- Pret A Manger – 50p off. At all stores, including cold drinks. This means a filter coffee is just 49p if you use a reusable cup.
- Paul – 50p off. Paul offers 50p off when you bring your own cup.
- Pure – 50p off. Bring your own cup to London-based café and coffee shop Pure and you’ll get 50p off hot drinks.
- Ground espresso bars – 50p off. If you’re in Northern Ireland, you can bring your own cup to Ground espresso bars to get 50p off with any cup.
- Grand Central – 50p off. If you bring your reusable cup to the onboard Grand Central trains café (where available), you’ll get 50p off.
- Leon – 45p off. While Leon uses biodegradable cups, you’ll get 45p off when you bring yours.
- Starbucks – 30p off. At any Starbucks store or counter, including at cinemas and train stations. The discount’s 25p but it now charges 5p per disposable cup (so in total you can save 30p with your own cup). The discount excludes filter coffee.
- Costa – 25p off. In all stores apart from Northern Ireland (see full T&Cs).
- M&S café – 25p off. If you bring your KeepCup to an M&S café you’ll get 25p off any takeaway hot drink (you won’t get the discount when you’re staying to drink in the café).
- Crussh – 25p off. If you bring your own cup to juice and smoothie company Crussh – either for a hot or cold drink – you’ll get 25p off.
- London North Eastern Railway – 25p off. Bring your own cup to the onboard LNER trains food bar (where available) and get 25p off your drink.
- Greggs – 20p off. If you bring your own cup, you’ll get 20p off any hot drink.
- Crosstown Doughnuts – 20p off. If you bring your own cup, you’ll get 20p off any hot drink. You can also pick up a loyalty card if you’re buying any of its drinks or doughnuts (including vegan options) and get a free drink or doughnut on your eighth visit.
- Virgin trains – 20p off. Bring your own cup to the onboard Virgin trains café (where available) and get 20p off your drink.
With thanks to the lovely people at MoneySavingExpert.com for the pricing info, and to Veronica at KeepCup for helping us produce the cups.
Keep an eye on Project Nova‘s social media in December. They’ll be running a competition to win goodies from Walking with the Wounded, Care After Combat and RFEA – including the last ever six KeepCups!